People view rabbits as household pets, or wild animals, but what they don’t know is rabbit is a very tasty meat. At one point in time rabbit was very popular. Rabbit is very beneficial to eat. It is all white meat. It tastes very sweet and does not have a gamey flavor. Rabbit contains low calories, cholesterol, fat, and sodium. Since it contains low qualities of calories, and fats it is very beneficial to eat while dieting. Rabbit also contains high protein which is perfect for someone trying to gain muscle.
Rabbit can be cooked in numerous ways. It can be cooked as a stew. It can be grilled. It can be baked, boiled and even fried. Instead of chicken nuggets you can enjoy rabbit nuggets. Instead of chicken stir fry you can have rabbit stir fry. Rabbit is definitely a great replacement of meat from chicken.
Below is one of our favorite recipes for Rabbit. You can find Rabbit at Fossil Farms!
2-4 lbs of rabbit
1.5 table spoons olive oil
4-6 red potatoes peeled and sliced into quarters
2 cups baby carrots
1 medium size red onion sliced
2 cups of beer
½ cup chili sauce
1 minced garlic clove
¼ cup of water
Salt and pepper
2 table spoons brown sugar
Cooking it all
1. Season your meat with salt and pepper
2. In a frying pan place some of your minced garlic, onions and oil and heat browning the garlic and onions (cook on low flames)
3. Add the rabbit meat and brown
4. In a crock pot add potatoes, carrots, onions, beer, chili sauce, sugar, garlic, and water
5. Stir this around
6. Add your meat and mix the ingredients around in the crock pot
7. Cover and cook on high for 3.5-4 hours
8. After it is done cooking take the meat out and place on the side
9. Take the liquid and make sauce
10. Place the liquid in a pot and had 1 tablespoon of gravy master
11. Place the pot on the stove top on high heat and now mix in 3 table spoons of flour continuously stirring
12. Slice the rabbit up and place in the gravy
13. Serve to your guests your rabbits in beer! Enjoy!